Parmesan Pork Chops
- 1 egg beaten
- 1/2 cup Italian-style bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 6 6-oz. boneless pork chops trimmed
- 2 cups canned diced tomatoes
- 1 8-oz. can tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- olive oil
- Beat the egg in a shallow bowl. On a plate, combine bread crumbs and cheese. Dip chops in egg then coat with crumb mixture.
- Coat a large skillet (with a tight-fitting lid) with olive oil and put over medium heat; add chops and cook for about 5 minutes, turning once, until brown.
- Stir in remaining ingredients; bring to a boil then reduce heat, cover and simmer for 10 to 12 minutes, stirring occasionally, until chops are cooked through.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Grilled eggplant and a big salad. VEGETARIAN: Use non-breaded faux chicken patties. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure tomatoes and tomato sauce are gluten free. Use gluten free bread crumbs or make your own using gluten free bread. NUTRITION Per Serving: 292 Calories; 9g Fat; 36g Protein; 15g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 114mg Cholesterol; 888mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain (Starch); 4 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!