- 12 ounces medium pasta shells
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onion
- 15 ounces canned mild red enchilada sauce
- 12 ounces canned tomato sauce
- 1/3 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/3 teaspoon garlic powder
- 12 ounces canned whole kernel corn drained
- 6 ounces low fat cheddar cheese shredded
- 1/3 cup sliced black olives
- 6 ounces canned diced green chilis
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain, return to pot, cover and keep warm if necessary.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat; saute onion for 5 to 7 minutes or until it begins to soften.
- Stir in enchilada sauce, tomato sauce, green chilies, ground cumin and garlic powder.
- Reduce heat to medium and simmer, stirring frequently, for about 10 minutes to blend flavors.
- Stir corn into sauce and heat through. Place drained pasta in a large serving bowl; pour sauce on top; toss if desired.
- Sprinkle with cheese and black olives.
SERVING SUGGESTION: A big salad. VEGETARIAN: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure pasta shells, enchilada sauce, tomato sauce, green chilies, canned corn, and black olives are gluten free. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 381 Calories; 6g Fat; 17g Protein; 64g Carbohydrate; 5g Dietary Fiber; 29mg Cholesterol; 1065mg Sodium. Exchanges: 3 1/2 Grain (Starch); 1 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 1/2 Fat. Points: 7.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!