Lemon Ginger Chicken Skewers
- 4 large boneless skinless chicken breast halves cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 pound large white button mushrooms halved
- 1/2 small onion quartered
- 2 small summer squash cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 large green bell pepper de-seeded, de-ribbed and cut into 1-inch squares
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- bamboo skewers or metal
- Preheat grill to MEDIUM-HIGH.
- Place all ingredients in a large bowl; toss well to coat chicken and vegetables then alternately thread them onto skewers.
- Place skewers on grill. Close grill lid; cook for 10 minutes per side or until chicken juices run clear and vegetables are tender-crisp.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve over Cauli-Rice (process cauliflower in a blender or food processor until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” till tender; drain. Toss with salt and pepper to taste then fluff with a fork.) Add braised kale on the side. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 326 Calories; 10g Fat (26.1% calories from fat); 43g Protein; 18g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 99mg Cholesterol; 118mg Sodium. Exchanges: 5 1/2 Lean Meat; 2 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1 1/2 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!