Jalapeno Shrimp Stir-Fry
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil divided
- 1 large clove garlic minced
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 large jalapeño pepper de-seeded and chopped
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 pound medium shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1 large carrot chopped
- 1 large red bell pepper de-seeded, de-ribbed and chopped
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1/4 cup low sodium chicken broth or use homemade
- 3 tablespoons coconut aminos
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- In a large skillet, melt 2 tablespoons of coconut oil over medium heat.
- Add garlic, onion, jalapeno, salt, pepper and shrimp; cook for 10 minutes or until shrimp are opaque and curled into a "c" shape; transfer to a medium bowl.
- In the same skillet, melt remaining coconut oil over high heat.
- Add remaining ingredients (carrot through cilantro); season with salt and pepper then cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until vegetables are tender-crisp.
- Add shrimp mixture and toss to combine. Serve warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: A big spinach salad tossed with Leanne’s Basic Vinaigrette. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 273 Calories; 16g Fat (51.5% calories from fat); 25g Protein; 8g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 173mg Cholesterol; 218mg Sodium. Exchanges: 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 2 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!