Honey Grilled Shrimp
- 1 8-oz. bottle light Italian salad dressing
- 1 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic pressed
- 2 pounds medium shrimp uncooked, peeled and deveined
- 8 bamboo skewers or metal
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Marinate shrimp for 30 minutes. If using bamboo skewers, soak them in water for 30 minutes prior to grilling. In a small bowl, combine salad dressing, honey and garlic; set aside 1/2 cup and pour remainder into a large zipper-topped plastic bag.
- Add the shrimp, seal the bag and turn to coat.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes. Cover and refrigerate reserved marinade for basting.
- Brush grill rack with olive oil before starting the grill. Drain and discard marinade.
- Thread shrimp onto skewers and grill, uncovered, over medium heat for 1 to 1 1/2 minutes per side.
- Baste with reserved marinade. Grill 3 to 4 minutes longer or until shrimp turn pink, turning and basting frequently.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Wild rice pilaf and a big spinach salad. VEGETARIAN: Use extra-firm tofu instead of shrimp. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure Italian dressing is gluten free. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 280 Calories; 5g Fat; 23g Protein; 37g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 174mg Cholesterol; 393mg Sodium. Exchanges: 3 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 1/2 Fat; 2 1/2 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 6
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!