Grilled Pork Chops with Fruit Salsa
- 1 8-oz. can pineapple tidbits in unsweetened juice
- 1/3 cup low sodium soy sauce plus 1 tablespoon divided
- 2 cloves garlic pressed
- 6 4-oz. pork chops trimmed
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh strawberries
- 1 medium nectarine chopped
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Marinate pork chops for 2 to 3 hours.
- Drain pineapple, reserving liquid; set pineapple aside.
- In an ungreased 13- x 9-inch baking dish, combine reserved pineapple liquid, 1/3 cup of soy sauce and garlic; blend well.
- Add pork chops; turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 2 to 3 hours, turning occasionally.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine pineapple tidbits and all remaining salsa ingredients; blend well.
- Cover and refrigerate while pork chops are marinating.
- Preheat indoor or outdoor grill. Remove pork chops from marinade; discard marinade. Grill over medium-high heat for 10 to 14 minutes or until no longer pink in the center, turning once.
- Serve salsa with pork chops.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed red skinned potatoes and steamed asparagus. VEGETARIAN: Use non-breaded faux chicken patties instead of pork chops. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure soy sauce and vinegar are gluten free. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 432 Calories; 11g Fat; 20g Protein; 68g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 56mg Cholesterol; 688mg Sodium. Exchanges: 2 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 4 Fruit; 1/2 Fat. Points: 9
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!