Grilled Flank Steak
- 1/4 cup red wine OR non-alcoholic beer
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3 green onions sliced
- 1 clove garlic pressed
- 1 1/2 pounds lean flank steak
- 2 nectarines each cut into 8 pieces
- Marinate flank steak for at least 4 hours but no longer than 24 hours (see recipe).
- In a large zipper-topped plastic bag, combine all ingredients, except beef and nectarines.
- Make cuts about 1/2 inch apart and 1/8 inch deep in a diamond pattern in both sides of beef; add to marinade, seal the bag and turn to coat.
- Refrigerate, turning occasionally, for at least 4 hours but no longer than 24 hours.
- Preheat indoor or outdoor grill to MEDIUM. Remove beef from marinade; reserve marinade. Grill beef, covered, 12 to 14 minutes for medium doneness, brushing occasionally with marinade and turning once.
- Add nectarines to the grill for the last 5 minutes of grilling time, turning once and brushing frequently with marinade. Discard any remaining marinade.
- Allow beef to rest on a cutting board for 10 to 15 minutes to redistribute its juices then slice across the grain (diagonally). Serve with nectarines.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed broccoli and brown rice topped with a dollop of light sour cream and chopped green onions. VEGETARIAN: Use tempeh instead of flank steak and adjust grilling time. Use vegetable broth instead of chicken broth. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure wine/beer, soy sauce and chicken broth are gluten free. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 259 Calories; 9g Fat; 25g Protein; 19g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 57mg Cholesterol; 513mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 1/2 Fruit; 0 Fat; 1 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!