Grilled Fish and Vegetables and Basil-Lime Vinaigrette
- 2 medium onions cut into 1-inch thick slices
- 1/4 cups olive oil divided
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 6 small tomatoes
- 6 small avocados peeled and sliced
- 2/3 cup chopped basil
- 1 cup lime juice
- 4 6-oz. pieces firm white fish fresh or frozen
- 3 cups spinach
- Heat indoor grill pan to high heat. In a large bowl mix the onions and 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Place onions on the grill and cook for 4 minutes on each side, until both sides are lightly charred.
- In a large bowl, add the onion, 2 tablespoons olive oil, salt and pepper, tomatoes, avocados, basil and lime juice.
- Toss vegetables and set aside.
- Rub fish with 2 tablespoons olive oil and salt and pepper. Place on hot grill and cook for 5 minutes on each side, until fish flakes easily with a fork. Serve fish warm with the vegetables.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Add a big salad tossed with Leanne’s Basic Vinaigrette In a large bowl, toss together torn lettuce (not Iceberg - no nutrition) and salad veggies of your choice. In a small bowl, whisk together 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar, 1 clove pressed garlic and a pinch of dried basil and oregano; drizzle dressing over salad. NUTRITION: Per Serving : 593 Calories; 39g Fat; 37g Protein; 34g Carbohydrate; 11g Dietary Fiber; 73mg Cholesterol; 139mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain (Starch); 4 Lean Meat; 2 Vegetable; 1 Fruit; 7 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!