Garlic Basil Pork Chops
- 4 large pork chops
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 2 medium cloves garlic minced
- 3 tablespoons raw honey
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 cups chopped kale
- Preheat grill to MEDIUM-HIGH.
- Rub pork chops with first 4 ingredients (salt and pepper through coconut oil); place on grill, close lid and cook for 5 minutes per side or until a meat thermometer reads 160 degrees.
- In a blender, place next 6 ingredients (basil through cayenne pepper); blend until smooth.
- Serve pork chops over a bed of chopped kale then drizzle basil sauce over the top.
- SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve baked sweet potatoes on the side.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve baked sweet potatoes on the side. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 442 Calories; 29g Fat (57.7% calories from fat); 26g Protein; 22g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 74mg Cholesterol; 89mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 3 1/2 Fat; 1 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!