Easy Cheesy Pasta Primavera
- 1 cup frozen lima beans
- 20 baby carrots cut into quarters lengthwise
- 10 ounces asparagus spears trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 pound Fettuccine
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 cloves garlic pressed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add lima beans and carrots and cook for 4 minutes.
- Add asparagus and cook for 1 minute longer. Using a slotted spoon, remove vegetables and rinse in ice water to stop the cooking process.
- Add pasta to cooking water and cook according to package directions; drain, reserving 1/2 cup of the cooking liquid.
- While pasta is cooking, melt the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add garlic and saute until fragrant, 1 minute.
- Add vegetables, season with salt and pepper and saute until tender-crisp, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add cooked and drained pasta and 1/4 cup of the reserved cooking liquid; toss well.
- Transfer to a large, shallow serving bowl and toss with Parmesan and parsley. Add Ricotta cheese to the hot pasta, by spoonful; season with salt and pepper and toss gently to combine.
- If pasta appears dry, drizzle in a little more cooking water. Serve immediately.
SERVING SUGGESTION: A big salad and some garlic toast. VEGETARIAN: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure pasta is gluten free. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 473 Calories; 13g Fat; 20g Protein; 69g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 36mg Cholesterol; 222mg Sodium. Exchanges: 4 Grain (Starch); 1 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 1 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!