Creamy Chicken Pitas
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken cooked and chopped
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup tomatoes chopped
- 3 green onions sliced
- 1 1/2 ounces feta cheese crumbled
- 1/2 cup low fat plain yogurt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried dill
- 6 whole wheat pita bread rounds halved
- mixed salad greens
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Cook and chop chicken (or use leftover chicken).
- COOKING INSTRUCTIONS: In a large bowl, combine chicken, peas, tomatoes, green onion and Feta cheese; stir in yogurt and dill.
- Line pita bread halves with salad greens and fill with chicken mixture.
- A simple and light dinner!
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve corn on the cob on the side. VEGETARIAN: Use non-breaded faux chicken patties. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure yogurt and pita bread rounds are gluten free. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 315 Calories; 5g Fat; 28g Protein; 43g Carbohydrate; 7g Dietary Fiber; 51mg Cholesterol; 517mg Sodium. Exchanges: 2 1/2 Grain (Starch); 2 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!