Coconut Curry Turkey Burgers
- 1 1/2 pounds ground turkey
- 1/2 tablespoon curry powder
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1 14-oz. can coconut cream
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 8 to 12 large leaves Romaine lettuce cut in half width wise
- Preheat grill to MEDIUM-HIGH.
- In a large bowl, thoroughly combine first 5 ingredients (ground turkey through salt and pepper); form mixture into 4 to 6 round patties.
- Place turkey burgers on preheated grill; cook for 5 minutes per side or until no longer pink in the center.
- In a medium bowl, combine next 6 ingredients (green onions through chili powder); season with salt and pepper to taste.
- To serve: Layer a lettuce leaf, a turkey burger, and a spoonful of coconut cream sauce; top with a second lettuce leaf.
SERVING SUGGESTION: A big bowl of coleslaw (shredded cabbage, carrot, radishes and sliced red onion) tossed with Paleo mayo and a little rice vinegar. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 472 Calories; 32g Fat (59.9% calories from fat); 33g Protein; 15g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 134mg Cholesterol; 219mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 4 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 1/2 Fruit; 3 1/2 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!