Chipotle Chili Taco Salad
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 large clove garlic minced
- 1 large shallot chopped
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 cup low sodium beef broth or use homemade
- 4 cups chopped spinach
- 1 large red bell pepper de-seeded, de-ribbed and
- 1 cup sliced cherry tomato halves
- 1 6.5-oz. can sliced black olives drained
- 2 large avocados pitted, peeled and diced
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 large chipotle chili pepper de-seeded and minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon raw honey
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat; add ground beef and cook and stir for 5 minutes or until browned.
- Reduce heat to low and add next 5 ingredients (garlic through beef broth); simmer for 10 minutes or until most of the liquid has evaporated.
- Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- Transfer cooled ground beef to a large bowl; add next 5 ingredients (spinach through avocados).
- In a small bowl, whisk together remaining ingredients (vinegar through olive oil); drizzle mixture over the taco salad; toss and serve.
SERVING SUGGESTION: A relish tray of carrot, celery and jicama sticks, radishes and cucumber spears. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 494 Calories; 39g Fat (68.9% calories from fat); 26g Protein; 14g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 78mg Cholesterol; 484mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 3 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 1/2 Fruit; 6 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!