Chicken Corn Skillet
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 12 ounces deli roasted chicken cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 medium onion diced
- 1 medium yellow squash diced
- 1 medium red bell pepper diced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups frozen corn thawed
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the chicken cubes and sauté for 2 minutes. Remove the chicken from the skillet and set aside.
- Add the onion, stir it around for a minute or 2 and then add the squash and red pepper.
- Give the veggies a good stir and then add the cumin, salt, and pepper and sauté for 4 to 6 minutes.
- Add in the corn, parsley, and return chicken to pan and sauté for 4 minutes. Serve warm.
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: A Big Salad Tossed with Leanne’s Basic Vinaigrette (In a large bowl, toss together torn lettuce (not Iceberg - no nutrition) and salad veggies of your choice. In a small bowl, whisk together 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar, 1 clove pressed garlic and a pinch of dried basil and oregano; drizzle dressing over salad) SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed brown rice GLUTEN FREE: No changes necessary NUTRITION: Per Serving: 261 Calories; 14g Fat (45.7% calories from fat); 14g Protein; 23g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 56mg Cholesterol; 166mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 Grain(Starch); 1 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 1 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!