Cheesy Salsa Chicken
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter melted
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 8 medium boneless skinless chicken thighs
- cups sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 cups shredded low fat Mexican blend cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 3 tablespoons salsa
- 2 medium limes cut into wedges
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large baking dish, stir together butter and lime juice.
- Season chicken on both sides with the salt and pepper then arrange in a single layer in the baking dish.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until juices run clear.
- Remove chicken from the oven. Sprinkle with cheese, cilantro and salsa then return to the oven and bake for 5 to 6 minutes.
- Serve chicken with lime wedges.
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: A big green salad and Mexi-Cauli Rice (process cauliflower in a blender or food processor till it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” till tender; toss with salt, pepper, chili powder, chopped green onions, and chopped cilantro). GLUTEN FREE: Make sure salsa is gluten-free. NUTRITION: 40 Calories; 3g Fat (56.6% calories from fat); trace Protein; 5g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 8mg Cholesterol; 54mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Vegetable; 1/2 Fruit; 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!