Blueberry Pecan Chicken Salad
- 2 large boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 2 large avocados pitted, peeled and mashed
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup low sodium chicken broth or use homemade
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 small clove garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 cups mixed salad greens
- Preheat grill to HIGH. Reduce grill heat to MEDIUM-HIGH and grill chicken for 10 minutes per side or until juices run clear.
- Remove chicken breast halves from grill, allow them cool then shred them with two forks.
- In a large bowl, toss together shredded chicken and next 4 ingredients (blueberries through onions).
- In a medium bowl, whisk together next 7 ingredients (avocados through cayenne pepper); pour mixture over chicken mixture and toss well.
- To serve, arrange a bed of salad greens on each dinner plate; top with a scoop of chicken salad.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve sliced English cucumber on the side. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 386 Calories; 26g Fat (57.4% calories from fat); 25g Protein; 18g Carbohydrate; 6g Dietary Fiber; 49mg Cholesterol; 129mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 3 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 1/2 Fruit; 5 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!