Beef and Pepper Pasta
- 5 cups yolk-free egg noodles
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound flank steak cut in half lengthwise then cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 large green bell peppers seeded, dribbled and cut into strips
- 1 cup onion thinly sliced
- 1 27-oz. jar tomato pasta sauce
- 3/4 cup low sodium beef broth
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
- Meanwhile, place a large skillet brushed with olive oil over medium heat until hot. Add beef and stir-fry until done; remove from pan and set aside.
- Spray skillet again with cooking spray and reheat until hot. Add bell pepper and onion; cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in pasta sauce, broth, Worcestershire sauce and meat.
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes. Toss hot pasta with sauce and serve.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve steamed broccoli on the side. VEGETARIAN: Use veggie steak strips such as Morningstar Meal Starters. Use vegetarian broth and vegetarian Worcestershire sauce. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure egg noodles, beef broth, tomato pasta sauce, and Worcestershire sauce are gluten free. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 317 Calories; 9g Fat; 23g Protein; 36g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 39mg Cholesterol; 120mg Sodium. Exchanges: 2 Grain (Starch); 2 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 7
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!