Balsamic Chicken with Asparagus
- 1/4 cup bottled Italian salad dressing
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 pound chicken breast tenderloins
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 10 ounces asparagus spears trimmed and cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 small tomato seeded and chopped
- Parmesan cheese for serving
- In a small bowl, combine the first 4 ingredients (salad dressing through red pepper). Set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Add chicken and cook for 3 minutes on each side or until tender and no longer pink.
- Add half the salad dressing mixture to skillet; turn chicken to coat. Transfer chicken to a platter and keep warm.
- Add asparagus and carrots to skillet. Cook and stir for 3 to 4 minutes or until asparagus is tender.
- Transfer veggies to chicken platter.
- Stir remaining salad dressing mixture and add to skillet. Cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly and scraping up browned bits in skillet. Drizzle the salad dressing mixture over the chicken and veggies.
- Sprinkle with tomato and Parmesan cheese.
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Zucchini pasta (Julienne or cut large zucchini lengthwise into thin strips; stir-fry in a skillet coated with olive oil over medium-high heat until slightly limp) SERVING SUGGESTION: Spaghetti noodles GLUTEN FREE: Make sure Italian dressing is gluten free and avoid spaghetti serving suggestion NUTRITION: Per Serving: 299 Calories; 15g Fat (46.2% calories from fat); 28g Protein; 13g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 66mg Cholesterol; 204mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 3 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!