Bacon-Wrapped Jalapeno Burgers
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 tablespoon chopped canned chipotle chili peppers in adobo sauce
- 1 small clove garlic minced
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 8 large slices bacon
- 1 large vine-ripened tomato sliced
- 1/2 small red onion sliced
- 8 large leaves romaine lettuce
- Preheat grill to HIGH.
- In a large bowl, thoroughly combine first 4 ingredients (ground beef through salt and pepper); form mixture into 4 patties.
- Wrap each patty with 2 slices of bacon, crossing in opposite directions.
- Reduce grill heat to MEDIUM-HIGH; grill bacon-wrapped patties (bacon ends face down) for 10 minutes per side or until burgers reach desired level of doneness.
- Place each patty on a lettuce leaf; top each with tomato, onion and remaining lettuce leaf.
SERVING SUGGESTION: A big bowl of shredded cabbage or coleslaw mix tossed with Paleo mayo and little rice vinegar. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 576 Calories; 29g Fat (41.2% calories from fat); 51g Protein; 41g Carbohydrate; 28g Dietary Fiber; 89mg Cholesterol; 419mg Sodium. Exchanges: 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 8 1/2 Vegetable; 3 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!