Asian Short Ribs
- 3 pounds beef short ribs
- 2 large carrots chopped
- 1/2 jalapeno chopped
- 1 small red bell pepper de-seeded, de-ribbed and chopped
- 1/2 small onion chopped
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 large clove garlic minced
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- Place first 5 ingredients (beef short ribs through onion) in a large crock cooker.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together remaining ingredients (coconut aminos through garlic); pour mixture over short ribs and vegetables in the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8 to 10 hours or on HIGH for 4 to 5 hours, or until meat is falling off the bones and vegetables are tender.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve meat and vegetables over Cauli-Rice (process cauliflower in a blender or food processor until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” till tender; salt and pepper to taste and fluff with a fork). Add braised kale on the side. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 753 Calories; 43g Fat (52.3% calories from fat); 79g Protein; 8g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 197mg Cholesterol; 170mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 11 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 2 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!