Apple Pecan Steak Salad
- 1 pound sliced beef steak
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1/4 cup low sodium beef broth
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 4 cups chopped Romaine lettuce
- 2 large crisp apples sliced
- 4 tablespoons sliced onion
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. To the pan, add the beef.
- Cook for 5 minutes, until beef is browned. To the beef, add the paprika, broth and salt and pepper and turn heat down to low.
- Simmer for 10 minutes, until most of the liquid has evaporated out of the pan. When beef has cooled, transfer to a large bowl and add the next 4 ingredients (romaine lettuce through pecans).
- In a small bowl, mix the remaining ingredients (vinegar through honey) and pour over the salad.
- Toss salad and serve.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve with a side of steamed broccoli. NUTRITION: Per Serving : 624 Calories; 52g Fat; 20g Protein; 23g Carbohydrate; 5g Dietary Fiber; 63mg Cholesterol; 53mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain(Starch); 2 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 1 Fruit; 9 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!