Ahi Tuna and Spicy Olives
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 Ahi tuna steaks 6-ounce
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 2-oz. jars diced pimiento drained
- 10 ripe olives pitted, halved
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice plus 2 tablespoons
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 2 teaspoons capers drained
- 2 teaspoons tomato paste
- Pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium heat until hot.
- Season tuna steaks on both sides with salt and pepper; sear them in the hot skillet for 1 to 2 minutes per side or until they reach desired level of doneness.
- Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Add remaining ingredients to the skillet (pimiento through garlic); season with salt and pepper then cook for 4 to 5 minutes or until mixture comes to a simmer. Serve sauce over tuna steaks.
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve a big spinach salad on the side. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure pimientos, olives, capers and tomato paste are gluten-free. NUTRITION: 92 Calories; 8g Fat (75.8% calories from fat); 1g Protein; 5g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 0mg Cholesterol; 132mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!