Warm Chicken and Leek Salad
- 4 medium boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 large leek chopped
- 1 small lemon sliced
- 4 cups spring mix lettuce
- 1/2 cup sliced avocado
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons full fat coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons chopped chives
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Rub chicken with olive oil and salt and pepper. In a large baking dish, place chicken and leek and layer sliced lemons on top.
- Place baking dish in the oven and bake for 15 to 25 minutes, until chicken is no longer pink in the center. Remove lemons, and allow chicken to cool. When chicken has cooled, chop.
- In a large bowl, layer lettuce, avocado and chicken. In a small bowl, whisk the remaining 4 ingredients (lemon juice through chives) and pour over the salad. Toss and serve.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed asparagus. NUTRITION: 400 Calories; 9g Fat (21.5% calories from fat); 61g Protein; 16g Carbohydrate; 7g Dietary Fiber; 137mg Cholesterol; 428mg Sodium. Exchanges: 7 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!