Walnut Chicken Salad with Avocado Dressing
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 large boneless skinless chicken breast halves cubed
- 4 cups spinach
- 1 cup grape halves
- 1/4 cup sliced red onion
- 1 medium green bell pepper de-seeded, de-ribbed and sliced
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 medium very ripe avocados
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 clove garlic minced
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Melt the coconut oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add chicken; cook for 10 to 15 minutes or until no longer pink in the center.
- Remove from skillet and set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, toss together chicken and next 5 ingredients (spinach through walnuts).
- In a blender, process remaining ingredients (lemon juice through salt and pepper) until smooth.
- Pour dressing over salad and serve.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve sliced tomatoes and cucumbers on the side. NUTRITION: 497 Calories; 40g Fat (66.9% calories from fat); 25g Protein; 20g Carbohydrate; 6g Dietary Fiber; 34mg Cholesterol; 75mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain (Starch); 3 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 1/2 Fruit; 7 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!