Vietnamese Beef Salad
- 1 1/2 pounds flank steak
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Asian fish sauce
- 1 lime juiced
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 cup chopped fresh basil
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 3/4 pound rice noodles or any thin pasta cooked according to package directions
- 1 large avocado chopped
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- On an indoor grill pan, grill meat over medium high heat 5 to 6 minutes per side until cooked through. Slice thinly.
- In a large bowl, add soy sauce, fish sauce, lime juice, ginger, honey, vinegar, cilantro, basil, sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste, rice noodles, and avocado. Toss to combine and top with steak.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed broccoli. VEGETARIAN: Use eggplant instead of flank steak. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure soy sauce, fish sauce, rice wine vinegar and rice noodles are gluten free. NUTRITION: 517 Calories; 18g Fat (30.9% calories from fat); 26g Protein; 65g Carbohydrate; 7g Dietary Fiber; 58mg Cholesterol; 503mg Sodium. Exchanges: 4 Grain (Starch); 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. DO-AHEAD TIP: Cook orzo according to package directions.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!