Turmeric Meatball Soup
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 2 tablespoons almond flour or almond meal
- 1 large egg beaten
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 large onion diced
- 1 large carrot chopped
- 2 large stalks celery chopped
- 5 cups low sodium beef broth or use homemade
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground turmeric
- In a large bowl, combine first 5 ingredients (ground beef through salt and pepper).
- Form mixture into meatballs then place them in a large slow cooker.
- Add remaining ingredients (garlic through turmeric); salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours or until meatballs are no longer pink in the center.
SERVING SUGGESTION: A big salad tossed with Leanne’s Basic Vinaigrette. NUTRITION: 420 Calories; 26g Fat (56.0% calories from fat); 37g Protein; 9g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 138mg Cholesterol; 172mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 4 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 3 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!