Turkey, Mushroom and Guacamole Stacks
- 1 pound ground turkey
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chopped oregano
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon coconut aminos
- 4 large Portobello mushroom caps
- 1 medium avocado peeled and mashed
- 1 tablespoon diced green onion
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 cup spinach leaves
- 1 small onion sliced
- In a large bowl, mix the first 4 ingredients (turkey through oregano). Form turkey mixture into patties.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil. To the oil add the burgers and cook for 5 to 10 minutes on each side, until burgers are no longer pink in the center. Remove burgers from the skillet and set aside.
- In the same skillet over medium heat, add the coconut aminos and the mushrooms. Cook 5 minutes, on each side, until tender.
- In a medium bowl, mix the next 3 ingredients (avocado through lime juice) with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- Layer mushroom, burger, guacamole, spinach and onion and serve.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Sautéed zucchini and yellow squash. NUTRITION: 328 Calories; 21g Fat (55.4% calories from fat); 24g Protein; 14g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 90mg Cholesterol; 128mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 2 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 2 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!