Turkey Burgers with Roasted Peppers and Onions
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 1 clove garlic minced
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 large onion sliced
- 2 medium bell peppers sliced
- 8 large leaves Romaine lettuce cut in half width -wise
- 1 large ripe avocado mashed
- In a large bowl, mix the first 4 ingredients (ground turkey through salt and pepper).
- Form ground turkey into 4 round patties. Heat grill to high heat and place turkey burgers on the grill.
- Cook for 5 minutes on each side, until meat is no longer pink in the center.
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, heat coconut oil. To the skillet, add the onion, pepper and sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- Layer; a lettuce leaf, turkey burger, pepper mixture, avocado and a lettuce leaf for each serving.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Sweet Potato Fries (Peel turnips or sweet potatoes and cut into “fries”; toss with olive and bake on a cookie sheet in a preheated 425-degree oven, turning once, until tender; season to taste with salt, pepper and chili powder for Sweet Potato Fries. NUTRITION: 326 Calories; 21g Fat (56.9% calories from fat); 23g Protein; 13g Carbohydrate; 5g Dietary Fiber; 90mg Cholesterol; 119mg Sodium.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!