Turkey and Mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound boneless skinless turkey breast sliced
- 3 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 6 large Portobello mushrooms
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- In a large skillet over MEDIUM heat, heat olive oil and cook turkey and green onions for 10 minutes turning turkey half way through. Set aside.
- Preheat oven broiler. Place the mushroom caps on a baking sheet. Season with salt, pepper and Italian seasoning and broil for 4 minutes. Turnover and broil for 4 minutes longer.
- Remove mushrooms and top with turkey mixture. Add cheese to top. Serve immediately.
SERVING SUGGESTION: A big spinach salad. GLUTEN FREE: No changes necessary. NUTRITION: 268 Calories; 10g Fat (33.5% calories from fat); 34g Protein; 11g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 77mg Cholesterol; 95mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 2 ½ Vegetable; 1 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!