Turkey and Avocado Burritos
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1/2 small onion diced
- 1/2 cup chopped mushrooms
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 4 large turnip green leaves
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 large avocado sliced
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add the first 5 ingredients (turkey through garlic) and sauté for 10 minutes, until turkey is cooked through and vegetables are tender.
- Spoon the turkey mixture into the lettuce leaves and top with cilantro and avocado. Roll up leaves and serve.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed Baby Carrots and Snow Peas Steam baby carrots till tender; add snow peas and continue to steam for 2 to 3 minutes or until snow peas are tender-crisp. NUTRITION: 274 Calories; 17g Fat (55.8% calories from fat); 22g Protein; 9g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 90mg Cholesterol; 135mg Sodium. Exchanges: 2 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!