Tomato Mozzarella Steaks
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 8-oz. beef top sirloin steaks
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 28-oz. can low sodium diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon chopped basil
- 2 ounces part-skim Mozzarella cheese shredded
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until hot.
- Season both sides of steaks with salt and pepper then add to the hot skillet; cook for 2 to 4 minutes per side or until they reach desired level of doneness.
- Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Add garlic, tomatoes and basil to the skillet; season with salt and pepper then bring mixture to a simmer.
- Spoon the sauce over the steaks then sprinkle with cheese and serve.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed broccoli spears and Faux-Tay-Toes (steam cauliflower till tender; drain; mash with butter, cream cheese, salt and pepper till you get a mashed potatoes texture). GLUTEN FREE: Make sure canned tomatoes are gluten free. NUTRITION: 100 Calories; 7g Fat (59.5% calories from fat); 8g Protein; 2g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 16mg Cholesterol; 261mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!