Thyme Turkey Cutlets
- 2 tablespoons almond flour or almond meal
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless turkey breast sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil divided
- 2 teaspoons unsalted butter
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped red onion
- 12 ounces mushrooms sliced
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth or use homemade
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- In a shallow bowl, combine almond flour, salt and pepper; dredge turkey slices in mixture until well coated on all sides.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add turkey slices; cook for 2 to 4 minutes per side (depending on thickness). Remove from skillet and set aside.
- In the same skillet, melt the butter. Add garlic, onion and mushrooms; cook and stir until tender.
- Stir in remaining ingredients (broth through thyme); bring to a simmer.
- Serve sauce over turkey.
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Baked Hubbard squash and a big spinach salad. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure broth is gluten free. NUTRITION: 127 Calories; 9g Fat (58.9% calories from fat); 7g Protein; 6g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 13mg Cholesterol; 255mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 1 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!