Stuffed Turkey Cabbage Rolls
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 pound ground turkey
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 large onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary
- 8 large leaves cabbage steamed (not quite fork tender)
- 1 14.5-oz. can diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup low sodium chicken broth or use homemade
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Melt the coconut oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add ground turkey; cook, breaking up with a spoon, for 5 minutes or until brown.
- Add next 5 ingredients (salt and pepper through cumin); cook for 5 to 10 minutes or until turkey is cooked through.
- Spoon turkey mixture into cabbage leaves then fold, envelope style, and place in a large baking dish, seam sides down.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together remaining ingredients (diced tomatoes through tomato paste); salt and pepper to taste then pour mixture over cabbage rolls.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until sauce is bubbling and cabbage leaves are tender.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve cabbage rolls over Cauli-Rice (process cauliflower in a blender or food processor until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” until tender; drain; salt and pepper to taste then fluff with a fork). NUTRITION: 248 Calories; 13g Fat (48.4% calories from fat); 23g Protein; 10g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 90mg Cholesterol; 220mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 3 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 1 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!