Steak and Cauliflower with Mushroom Gravy
- 1/2 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 pound beef sirloin steak sliced
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 1/2 cup full fat coconut milk
- 1/4 cup low sodium beef broth or use homemade
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- Melt the coconut oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add steak slices; cook for 5 minutes or until browned.
- Salt and pepper to taste then add thyme, mushrooms and cauliflower.
- In a medium bowl, combine next 4 ingredients (coconut milk through green onions); salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour sauce over steak mixture; simmer for 10 minutes or until steak is cooked to desired level of doneness and vegetables are tender.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed green beans and Turnip Fries (peel turnips and cut into “fries”; toss with olive oil and bake on a cookie sheet in a preheated 425-degree oven, turning once, until tender. Season with salt, pepper and garlic powder.) NUTRITION: 346 Calories; 23g Fat (60.7% calories from fat); 28g Protein; 5g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 84mg Cholesterol; 90mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 1 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!