Spicy Grilled Beef Salad
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 2 pounds skirt steak
- 1 medium red onion thinly sliced
- 2 English cucumbers thinly sliced
- 2 tomatoes chopped
- 1 lime juiced
- 2 tablespoons Asian fish sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- DO-AHEAD-TIP: Marinate mixture.
- In a large bowl, add 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1 tablespoon soy sauce, sea salt, and freshly ground pepper to taste and steak. Marinate in the refrigerator for 20 minutes.
- On an indoor grill pan over medium-high heat, grill steak 5 to 6 minutes per side until cooked through.
- Slice steak into thin strips.
- In a large bowl, add red onion, cucumbers, tomatoes, lime juice, fish sauce, red pepper flakes, cilantro, remaining soy sauce and remaining olive oil. Toss to combine and serve with steak and cilantro.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed New Red Potatoes (Steam small new red potatoes and toss them with a little butter and chopped parsley.) VEGETARIAN: Replace steak with mushrooms. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure fish sauce is gluten-free. NUTRITION: 382 Calories; 24g Fat (55.6% calories from fat); 32g Protein; 10g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 78mg Cholesterol; 415mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 4 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 2 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!