Sesame Orange Beef and Broccoli
- 1/4 cup arrowroot
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 pounds beef chuck roast chopped
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- Place chopped beef in a large bowl; sprinkle with arrowroot powder, salt and pepper then shake to coat well.
- Melt the coconut oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add beef and brown on all sides for 5 minutes; salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer to a large crock cooker then stir in next 10 ingredients (coconut aminos through crushed red pepper flakes.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 4 hours. Add broccoli; cook for an additional 2 hours or until beef is fork tender and broccoli florets are tender-crisp.
- Stir in green onions. Serve warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve over Cauli-Rice (process cauliflower in a blender or food processor until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” till tender; drain; salt and pepper to taste then fluff with a fork). Add stir-fried sliced zucchini and yellow squash on the side. NUTRITION: 531 Calories; 32g Fat (54.5% calories from fat); 45g Protein; 14g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 134mg Cholesterol; 131mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain (Starch); 6 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 2 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!