Salmon with Carrot Ginger Bisque
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 4 medium salmon fillets
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 large onion sliced
- 1 cloves garlic minced
- 4 large carrots chopped
- 1 large parsnip chopped
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 cup full fat coconut milk
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth or use homemade
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Rub salmon fillets with olive oil, salt, pepper and lemon juice then place them in a large baking dish.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- Melt the coconut oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add next 5 ingredients (onion through gingerroot); cook and stir for 10 minutes or until tender.
- Transfer mixture to a blender; process until smooth then return to the skillet. Gradually add the broth; cook and stir for 5 minutes or until hot.
- Serve with salmon.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Arugula and Radish Salad – In a large bowl, toss together arugula and thinly sliced radishes. In a small bowl, whisk together some Dijon mustard, lemon juice, extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper; drizzle mixture over salad and toss well. NUTRITION: 434 Calories; 17g Fat (34.7% calories from fat); 47g Protein; 24g Carbohydrate; 6g Dietary Fiber; 88mg Cholesterol; 671mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain (Starch); 6 Lean Meat; 2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!