Salmon and Zucchini Cakes with Lemon Vinaigrette
- 3 cups cooked and flaked salmon
- 1 large egg beaten
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- 2 tablespoons almond flour or almond meal
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 medium shallot minced
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- COOKING INSTRUCTIONS: Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix the first 8 ingredients (salmon through garlic powder). Form salmon mixture into patties.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat coconut oil. To the skillet, add the salmon patties and brown on each side for 5 minutes, until golden brown.
- In a large baking dish, place the salmon cakes and place in the oven. Cook for 10 minutes, until the center of the cakes are warm.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the remaining 5 ingredients (lemon juice through dill). Serve with salmon patties.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed asparagus. NUTRITION: 379 Calories; 22g Fat (52.5% calories from fat); 38g Protein; 7g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 145mg Cholesterol; 140mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 5 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 3 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!