Roasted Honey Lime Shrimp Skewers
- 1 pound shrimp shelled and deveined
- 2 large bell peppers sliced
- 1 large onion cut into wedges
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lime zest
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 clove garlic minced
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl, toss all the ingredients (shrimp through salt and pepper) and thread each ingredient onto large skewers. Place Skewers in a large baking dish and cover.
- Place dish in oven and bake for 10 minutes, then uncover and flip skewers to the opposite side and bake uncovered for 10 minutes, until shrimp is opaque and vegetables are tender. Serve warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Cauli-rice (process cauliflower in a blender or food processor until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” until tender; drain; salt and pepper to taste and fluff with a fork). NUTRITION: 176 Calories; 2g Fat (10.3% calories from fat); 25g Protein; 17g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 173mg Cholesterol; 198mg Sodium. Exchanges: 3 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; ½ Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!