Roasted Garden Veggie and Pork Kabobs
- 1 small clove garlic minced
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon coconut aminos
- 2 large pork chops cubed
- 2 large bell peppers sliced
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 small red onion cut into wedges
- 4 cups spinach
- 1/4 cup sliced apple
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix the first 6 ingredients (garlic through coconut aminos). To the bowl, add the pork, peppers, broccoli and onion and toss.
- Thread the pork and vegetables onto skewers and place in a large baking dish. Bake for 10 minutes on each side, until pork is cooked through and vegetables are tender.
- In a large bowl, place the spinach and apple. In a small bowl, mix the orange juice, vinegar, olive oil and sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste. Pour dressing over spinach salad and serve with the kabobs.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Roasted Veggies (Toss any root vegetable (except white potatoes) or combination – plus large Brussels sprouts halved lengthwise, cauliflower or broccoli (all should be the same size – beets take a little longer to cook) in olive oil, salt, pepper and choice of herbs/spices (if desired). Spread in a single layer on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper; roast in a preheated 400-degree oven, turning once, until tender.) NUTRITION: 219 Calories; 12g Fat (49.0% calories from fat); 15g Protein; 14g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 37mg Cholesterol; 71mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 1 1/2 Lean Meat; 2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!