Roast Vegetables with Orzo
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large zucchini cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 large eggplant peeled and cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 large butternut squash peeled and cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 medium red onion peeled and cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 large tomatoes cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 cups orzo cooked according to package directions
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- On a large baking sheet, add 2 tablespoons olive oil, zucchini, eggplant, squash, onion, tomatoes and roast for 15 to 20 minutes until cooked through.
- In a large bowl, add orzo, vinegar, roasted vegetables, cheese, basil and sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste.
SERVING SUGGESTION: A big spinach salad. VEGETARIAN: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure balsamic vinegar is gluten free. NUTRITION: 463 Calories; 17g Fat (32.5% calories from fat); 16g Protein; 64g Carbohydrate; 8g Dietary Fiber; 20mg Cholesterol; 82mg Sodium. Exchanges: 5 Grain (Starch); 1 Lean Meat; 2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 3 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!