Roast Salmon with Tartar Sauce
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley chopped
- 3 tablespoon capers chopped
- 1 small pickle chopped
- 2 lemons juiced and zested
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 5 dashes tabasco or to taste
- 2 pounds snapper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400.
- In a food processor or blender, add mayonnaise, yogurt, parsley, capers, pickle, zest and juice of 1 lemon, mustard, and tabasco and blend 1 to 2 minutes until smooth.
- On a large roasting sheet, add fish, zest and juice of 1 lemon, olive oil and sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste.
- Roast for 10 to 12 minutes until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Serve with tartar sauce.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Roasted Veggies (Toss any root vegetable (except white potatoes) or combination – plus large Brussels sprouts halved lengthwise, cauliflower or broccoli (all should be the same size – beets take a little longer to cook) in olive oil, salt, pepper and choice of herbs/spices (if desired). Spread in a single layer on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper; roast in a preheated 400-degree oven, turning once, until tender.) VEGETARIAN: Replace fish with Tempeh. NUTRITION: 265 Calories; 14g Fat (49.4% calories from fat); 32g Protein; 1g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 60mg Cholesterol; 269mg Sodium. Exchanges: 4 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 1 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!