Roast Chicken and Couscous
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 lemons juiced
- 2 cups couscous cooked according to package directions
- 2 medium zucchini grated
- 1 small red onion diced
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Cook couscous according to package directions. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- In a large bowl, add chicken, sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste, garlic cloves, 1 tablespoon olive oil and juice of 1 lemon.
- On a large roasting pan, add chicken and roast for 20 to 25 minutes until the chicken is cooked through. Cut the chicken into cubes.
- In a large bowl, add cooked chicken, remaining 3 tablespoons olive oil, juice of 1 lemon, couscous, zucchini, onion, cumin, honey, parsley and cilantro. Stir to combine.
SERVING SUGGESTION: A big salad (lettuce - not iceberg, salad veggies and salad dressing). VEGETARIAN: Use non-breaded faux chicken patties instead of chicken breasts. GLUTEN FREE: No changes necessary. NUTRITION: 558 Calories; 8g Fat (13.7% calories from fat); 64g Protein; 54g Carbohydrate; 5g Dietary Fiber; 137mg Cholesterol; 172mg Sodium. Exchanges: 3 Grain (Starch); 7 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!