Red Curry Chicken Soup
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth or use homemade
- 2 cups coconut cream
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs chopped
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 2 cups snow peas
- 1 tablespoon red curry paste
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 large jalapeños chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- Bring broth to a boil in a large saucepan with a tight-fitting lid over medium heat.
- Reduce heat to low then add coconut cream, salt and pepper; simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add chicken, mushrooms and snow peas. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until chicken is almost cooked through.
- Add lime juice and jalapenos; simmer for 5 minutes or until chicken is cooked all the way through.
- Sprinkle each bowl with chopped cilantro and serve.
- *Partially frozen chicken is easier to chop.
SERVING SUGGESTION: A big spinach salad tossed with Leanne’s Basic Vinaigrette. (Dressing: In a small bowl, whisk together 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar, 1 clove pressed garlic and a pinch of dried basil and oregano; drizzle dressing over salad.) NUTRITION: 473 Calories; 42g Fat (74.3% calories from fat); 17g Protein; 15g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 0mg Cholesterol; 527mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain (Starch); 1 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 8 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!