Quick Lobster Bisque
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/3 cup onion chopped
- 3 cups low sodium chicken broth or use homemade
- 3/4 cup half and half
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon lobster base
- 1/2 pound cooked lobster meat chunked
- In a large pan over LOW heat, melt butter. Add onion and cover with lid.
- Cook for 4 minutes. Add broth and cook for 5 minutes. Cover and set aside.
- In a small pan over LOW heat, add half and half, thyme and lobster base. Cook for 6 minutes to slightly thicken the sauce. Set aside to cool.
- Blend both mixtures together in a food processor. Remove and move to bowls and add lobster meat to each. Serve immediately.
SERVING SUGGESTION: A tossed green salad (lettuce - not iceberg-, salad veggies and low carb salad dressing). GLUTEN FREE: Make sure chicken broth is gluten-free. NUTRITION: 186 Calories; 8g Fat (40.9% calories from fat); 22g Protein; 6g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 65mg Cholesterol; 792mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 2 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 1 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!