Pork Tacos with Tomatillo Salsa
- 2 pounds pork tenderloin
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 3 tomatillos or tomatoes chopped
- 1 small jalapeno seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 3 cups red cabbage thinly sliced
- 1 lime juiced
- 1 avocado chopped
- 6 whole wheat flour tortillas warmed
- 1/2 cup Monterey Jack cheese shredded
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- In a large bowl, add pork, olive oil, cumin, garlic and sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste.
- Marinate in the refrigerator for 20 minutes.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes until pork is cooked through. Slice thinly.
- In a medium bowl, add tomatillos, jalapeno, yogurt, cabbage, lime juice, avocado, cheese and sea salt and freshly ground pepper. Stir to combine. Serve pork on warm tortilla and top with salsa.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Baked Butternut Squash (Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cut butternut squash into cubes and toss with olive oil in a large bowl. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Arrange coated squash on a baking sheet. Roast in the preheated oven until squash is tender and lightly browned 25 to 30 minutes.) VEGETARIAN: Replace pork with eggplant. GLUTEN FREE: gluten-free tortillas. NUTRITION: 479 Calories; 21g Fat (38.4% calories from fat); 41g Protein; 34g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 107mg Cholesterol; 519mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 5 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 2 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!