Pork Satay with Peanut Sauce
- 2 pounds pork shoulder cut into 2 inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- 2 tablespoon peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- In a large bowl, add pork, sesame oil, garlic and sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste. Marinate in the refrigerator for 20 minutes. Place pork on skewers.
- On an indoor grill pan over medium high heat grill pork for 7 to 8 minutes turning once, until cooked through.
- In a small bowl, add remaining ingredients (soy sauce through red pepper flakes) stir to combine.
- Serve pork with peanut sauce.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Baked Butternut Squash. VEGETARIAN: Tofu. NUTRITION: 337 Calories; 26g Fat (68.6% calories from fat); 21g Protein; 5g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 81mg Cholesterol; 242mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 3 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 3 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!