Pork Chops with Mashed Cauliflower
- 4 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 4 medium pork chops
- 1 head cauliflower chopped
- 1 cup bell peppers chopped
- 1/2 cup green olives chopped
- 2 tablespoons parsley chopped
- In a large skillet over MEDIUM heat, add 2 tablespoons olive oil. Place pork chops in skillet and cook for 3 minutes on each side. Set aside to rest.
- In a large pot with a steamer basket, place cauliflower in water. Bring to a boil and steam for 4 minutes.
- Drain and mix in bell pepper, olives, remaining olive oil and parsley. Season with salt and pepper. Mash with a hand masher.
- Serve a pork chop and mashed cauliflower mixture on the side, while warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed broccoli. GLUTEN FREE: No changes necessary. NUTRITION: 387 Calories; 30g Fat (70.1% calories from fat); 24g Protein; 5g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 74mg Cholesterol; 215mg Sodium. Exchanges: 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 4 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!