Pork and Parsnip Roast
- 1 1 to 2 pound pork tenderloin
- 1 large onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 4 large parsnips chopped
- 4 cups low sodium beef broth
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon minced rosemary
- 2 teaspoons minced thyme
- 1 large bay leaf
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large roasting pan, place the first 4 ingredients (tenderloin through parsnips).
- In a medium bowl, mix the remaining 7 ingredients (broth through cumin) and pour over the pork mixture.
- Cover the pan and place in the oven. Bake for 40 to 60 minutes, until the internal temperature of the pork reaches 145 degrees and vegetables are tender.
- Allow pork to cool then slice and serve with vegetables.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed broccoli. NUTRITION: 444 Calories; 7g Fat (13.3% calories from fat); 50g Protein; 50g Carbohydrate; 12g Dietary Fiber; 111mg Cholesterol; 168mg Sodium. Exchanges: 2 1/2 Grain (Starch); 6 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!