Parsnip and Rosemary Pork Stir-Fry
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 pounds pork tenderloin cubed
- 3 medium parsnips chopped
- 2 cups chopped kale
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth or use homemade
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Melt the coconut oil in a large skillet with a tight-fitting lid over medium heat. Add onion, garlic and pork; cook for 10 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients (parsnips through cumin). Bring to a boil then reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 25 minutes or until pork is no longer pink in the center and vegetables are tender.
- Serve warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Grated Beet Salad: Grate washed and peeled beets into a bowl; drizzle with a little rice vinegar, lime juice and extra virgin olive oil; salt and pepper to taste then toss well and serve. NUTRITION: 487 Calories; 14g Fat (25.3% calories from fat); 54g Protein; 37g Carbohydrate; 10g Dietary Fiber; 148mg Cholesterol; 276mg Sodium. Exchanges: 2 Grain (Starch); 7 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 1 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!